December is fast approaching and with that comes along one of my favorite albums to create. I am very busy scrapping during the next two months because I always create a 30 days of Thankful mini album and then my December Daily which is not so mini. I am using Ali Edwards kit again this year and I have already done an unboxing video of what I picked out to use that you can watch here.
Now I have started creating my foundation pages and let me tell you that in order for me to complete this project I must have foundation pages. In the video I talk a lot about my thought process for how and why I do certain things. I am going to give you a list of things that I currently do when setting up my album in order to make this project go smoothly and ensure that I actually complete it.
7 Tips for Creating December Daily Foundation Pages
- Don’t stick anything down when you creating foundation pages because inevitably you are going to want to changes things as you tell your story throughout the month.
- Have at least two different page protectors picked out for each day. This allows you to use all of them or choose from one of them but when you go to print your photos each day you have a choice and you don’t fill pinned down to a certain pocket.
- Create embellishment pockets/shaker pockets now before December, besides the fact that they look pretty and get you in the mood, it becomes one less pocket that you have to think about filling later.
- Don’t be afraid to go outside of the pockets.
- Look through your stash for things to use. I have chosen to use new kits from Ali Edwards this year but I still have stuff from last year that I am going to incorporate as well.
- Get painty now (I know that’s not a word but it works!). What I mean is that if you know you are going to want to alter some chipboard pieces or heat emboss stuff do it now. This goes for dry embossing as well, it won’t hurt you to run through things big shot or cuttlebug if you have holiday embossing folders.
- Get cutting now as well, look through your design space or silhouette store or purchased holiday svg files and cut some out now. They won’t go to waste and it saves you time later.
Alright so those are all my tips for now. Here is my process video for my first week of December Daily foundation pages where I share with you my thought process for how I am just getting the bare minimum in my album right now. Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don’t miss any of my December Daily videos.